What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report on channels, not on sensors

Votes:

Hello,

I would like to create a report on a specific channel of a sensor across my devices. However, I can only select sensors with all its channels. Is there any chance to filter down to the channels?

I don't want to create (=waste) additional sensors with the sensor factory for all my devices that I want to have the report for. PRTG already has queried the information. The data just needs to be shown in a report.

Thank you for any help.

channel channels custom-report report reports sensor sensor-factory

Created on Aug 23, 2012 1:17:07 PM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this is possible, just add the sensors manually to the report and then de-select the Channels you do not want to have in the report: Report

Created on Aug 23, 2012 4:21:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 23, 2012 4:22:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Thank you for the explanation, but I have hundreds of sensors of the same kind. I would have to make the mentioned setting in each sensor, one by one. I am rather looking for a way to create a report with data from channel X from sensor type Y.

Created on Aug 23, 2012 6:38:06 PM

Votes:

I am very sorry, but that would be the only possible way.

Created on Aug 23, 2012 7:06:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can you please add this as a feature request? Most of the sensors more or less are created automatically. It's sad that you have to touch each one of them again to create a report.

Thank you!

Created on Aug 23, 2012 7:13:21 PM

Votes:

Please add this feature.

Created on Apr 24, 2013 2:05:25 PM

Votes:

as far as i can tell this is not yet implemented?

Created on Sep 2, 2015 2:45:31 PM

Votes:

As there have been very few requests to this (the last one is over 2 years old), this has indeed not been implemented. Nor are there plans to implement this in the near future, due to very low request rate.

Created on Sep 3, 2015 7:43:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Please add this feature. Is very useful when you have a lot custom avance script.

Created on Jan 1, 2017 3:47:18 PM

Votes:

• Bump* :)

Created on Jul 21, 2017 9:56:55 AM

Votes:

I suggest the same feature. In reports, for example, is usefuul to show just the channel "Total" in CPU sensor

Created on Mar 29, 2019 5:11:25 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.