What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to configure a value map in PRTG 12

Votes:

Is there a way to configure a value map in PRTG12? The same question was asked a while back and the answer was that it would be implemented in PRTG 9. I can't find the option in PRTG 12 though.

prtg12 snmp value-map

Created on Jul 11, 2012 9:07:43 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

what exactly would you mean by a 'value map'? Probably not a Map?

best regards.

Created on Jul 11, 2012 4:09:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Oh sorry, I should have included that in my original question. By value map I mean a table of sorts that translates the result of a sensor in to a more readable value. For example I have a snmp sensor that checks if the fan of switch is still working, if the snmp result is 1 it's OK. Instead of seeing the number 1 as a result I would like to see OK, thats were the value map comes in. The question I was referring to is found here.

Created on Jul 12, 2012 6:50:34 AM

Votes:

The value mapper seems to be an interesting feature but I can't find any options to configure it. Is it still in developement or already implemented and I just didn't look at the right spot?

Created on Nov 13, 2012 5:25:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.