What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sunburst View has only minimal detail

Votes:

My sunburst view has only minimal detail this one shows every sensor https://media.paessler.com/blog/prtg_sun_475.jpg how do I turn on more detail so I can see each individual sensor.

Thanks

report sunburst views

Created on Jul 4, 2012 1:46:18 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the sunburst view consists of the probes, groups and devices which are available in PRTG. The sunburst picture you are refering to includes 8 remote probes, 70 groups and about 260 devices. Unless you have this number of objects, I'm afraid the sunburst won't show more "details".
Best regards

Created on Jul 4, 2012 2:16:58 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 4, 2012 2:17:31 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sure I understand but mine (see here http://www.digitalwelcomemat.com/files/Screenshot.jpg) doesn't show the individual devices. See the one with the red arrow how can I see the status of each device individually?

Thanks

Created on Jul 4, 2012 11:49:52 PM

Votes:

Hi,
as far as I can see, your sunburst shows the devices. Please note that single sensors won't be shown in the sunburst as it's limit is device level.
Best regards

Created on Jul 5, 2012 6:06:19 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK I understand thanks for that its a shame that the single sensors aren't shown perhaps a future version as an option (?).

Thanks for your help

Created on Jul 8, 2012 9:47:48 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.