What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Installing PRTG License on Multiple Servers

Votes:

Are there any limitations to the number of servers that I can install my PRTG license on to?

As I understand things, If I have a 500 sensor PRTG license, I technically could have 500 different servers that I could (for example) be pinging for their welfare. Same would go for an unlimited license, I would believe.

Thank you!

license multiple-servers prtg

Created on Jul 3, 2012 6:06:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

any license of PRTG, except the Corporate License, can only be installed on one PC/Server (and another as Failover Node in a PRTG Cluster, but only then). But of course to monitoe you can distribute the 500 sensors what ever your liking on up to 500 servers (1 sensor per server), but that will work without installing PRTG on those, as PRTG does agentless monitoring.

best regards.

Created on Jul 3, 2012 7:25:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

so what happens if PRTG license is activated on a second server if this license is not a corporate one ?

Created on May 17, 2013 7:13:05 AM

Votes:

You will only be able to activate another node with the same license if it is a cluster failover. If it's a standalone server, then the license will not activate.

Created on May 17, 2013 9:47:20 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.