What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Custom Sensor, millisecond problem

Votes:

Hi,

We have created the WMI custom sensor that return the value as a millisecond ie. AvgDisksecPerRead

The problem is PRTG don't show the value as a millisecond, for example it shows just 0 for the 0.008 value.

Thanks in advance.

millisecond perfmon wmi

Created on Jun 27, 2012 6:11:18 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please check the according settings for the displaying of decimal places in the Sensors Channel Settings.

best regards.

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:50:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your help, I've changed the decimal place but now it show the value as "0,000" so it's still zero!

My WMI query is; SELECT AvgDisksecPerRead FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfDisk_LogicalDisk WHERE name = 'C:'

I' ve tested, it's correct query but it returns just 0...

Best regards.

Created on Jul 5, 2012 8:38:01 PM

Votes:

Have you tried the query for a test with our WMI Tester?

Created on Jul 6, 2012 12:46:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, I've tried but it returns just "0" too. I have no idea how do I monitor "Avg. Disk sec/Read" via WMI. The correct value is e.g "0.008" (8ms) but WMI doesn't show it.

Created on Jul 6, 2012 12:58:51 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid then it won't be monitorable in PRTG.

Created on Jul 6, 2012 1:21:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.