What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

QOS remote probes

Votes:

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to PRTG and need some help.

I want to use the QOS sensor to emulate voice traffic and figure out where we are lacking on our network.

I have installed the remote probe, acknowledged probe and added QOS sensor. I have configured sensor to tag packets DSCP 46 so that we get accurate reporting of how tagged packets perform.

My problem is that it does not seem to be tagging. Not showing up at all when i monitor our voice plane. I am assuming PRTG is sending tagged data accross the network to the remote probe and that the traffic should be tagged. Why is not showing up. Is there anything i need to do to allow tags or prevent them from being stripped?

Thanks in advance

dscp qos tagging

Created on Jun 27, 2012 1:47:18 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

There seems to be a bug with the tagging at the moment. We are working on it and hope we will be able to provide a bugfix, soon. Please bear with us.

Created on Jun 27, 2012 4:48:36 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

Is this still not working or has the bugfix been released?

Created on Aug 20, 2012 6:47:50 PM

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid the tagging feature in PRTG has been dropped due to unforseen technical difficulties. Please see below the help text from the QoS sensor:
---------------
Please use "Windows Policy-based Quality of Service" if you need to apply QoS parameters to the test packets of this sensor (e.g. DSCP parameters). These parameters can not be set from inside PRTG. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831689.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa374094.aspx for details.
---------------
Best regards

Created on Aug 21, 2012 2:09:41 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.