What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I change email body text for report email sending

Votes:

I scheduled report with email sending to our customers. But the email body text do not correspond to our needs. We would like to customize the body text and edit it in French. How can I do ?

Below is the text I received by email and that I want to change :

--------------------------------------
Hello [email protected],

Report "report_name "has been created.

The results are attached as a PDF file to this email. Please use Acrobat Reader to view the PDF file.

=============================================================================
E-mail sent to: [email protected]
E-mail sent at: dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss
E-mail sent by: Monitoring Services  (https://@IP/) =============================================================================
PRTG Network Monitor 8.1.0.1628 (c) 1996-2010 Paessler AG (www.paessler.com) https://www.paessler.com/prtg =============================================================================

email reports template

Created on Jun 13, 2012 1:05:29 PM

Last change on Jun 28, 2016 9:03:19 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

7 Replies

Votes:

You can edit the body (message part) of plain text emails directly within the notification's settings as of PRTG version 15.4.21.5481/5482. For the option Format, choose the option Text with custom content and provide plain text for the notification. You can also use placeholders here.

Please have also a look at Account Settings—Notifications.

Created on Jun 13, 2012 4:38:05 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Dec 16, 2015 10:34:46 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The problem for report email sending is that we have to add manually the destination email addresses. We can't select an existing contact. So we don't know which "Account Settings > Notifications" it use for report email sending. I have "x" clients and I would like the same email body text for all my "x" clients. How can I do ?

Created on Jun 14, 2012 8:35:27 AM

Last change on Jun 15, 2012 11:46:32 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I'm afraid changing the text for multiple notifications simultaneously is not possible. You would need to use copy and paste for each notification. Another alternative would be to use an email that references a distribution list on your SMTP server.

Created on Jun 14, 2012 2:15:56 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I'm afraid you don't understand my question. Under "reports > Select Report > report x > Settings > Schedule ("When will this report be run?") > Email Address" : PRTG doesn not propose to select an existing email PRTG account. I am obliged to tip manually the email address. It is for this email message I want to change the body text. No problem if I have to change for each sending.

Which notification does it use ? Where can I change de email

Created on Jun 14, 2012 2:40:16 PM

Votes:

This is not a notification, this is a specific report setting. The report is run separately from the actual notification system. If you wish to edit notifications, you would need to follow the guidelines under How do I modify PRTG's report templates?. The email addresses to be used would need to be entered for each report to be sent.

Created on Jun 15, 2012 11:49:03 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

This has become a large issue, why was the ability to change the body of the email removed? We used it to send specific notifications and information relating to that monitor to the recipient.

PLEASE, add this function back into Notifications.

Created on Dec 15, 2015 11:16:48 PM

Votes:

Hi iturner,

We released a new Version 15.4.21.5481/5482 yesterdays which will allow you to change the body for text only messages:

• Changed [Email Notifications]: For text only email notifications, you can enter custom text with placeholders. In the email notifications settings, choose the option "Text with custom content" for the setting "Format" and provide custom content in plain text format.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 16, 2015 7:35:12 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.