What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

502 bad gateway, by new SOAP sensor on vpshere 4.1

Votes:

Hello,

Since one week we get a new error, when we're trying to add a new sensor (Virtual Machine- SOAP) on our VSPHERE ESX 4.1. We have a couple in a Cluster. Credetials are allright. I recently upgraded from 9.2 to the 12.x and add a new SOAP sensor. Still, i get this error

"[prtg] [error] 2 [/error] [text]Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (502) Ungültiges Gateway.[/text] [/prtg] " which is "bad gateway"

On our single ESXi 4.1 and ESX 3.5 !! its still working. I've tested it. The only thing that i notice, was the deactivated VSPHERE web access , which was turned off. Now it's on but the SOAP error still remains.

All the ports are open. has something changed ? The ESX 4.1 server were not be updated in the last two Months.

soap vmware vphere-4-1

Created on Jun 6, 2012 2:21:30 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi, can you access the vCenter-Server from a browser on the machine PRTG is running on?
It should be accessible with the url 'https://serverip-or-name/mob'.
Kind Regards

Created on Jun 12, 2012 2:22:34 PM by  Dieter Loskarn [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.