What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange Active Directory Topology question

Votes:

Hello - I'm seeing "unusual" reports on my Microsoft Exchange Topology Service monitor that I didn't have before. I'm not sure if we have a new problem or if PRTG is now collecting data that it wasn't before.

When on v9 it was only collecting data for "running". Working Set, Pagefile Usage, Threats etc. etc. were all zeros.

Upgraded to v12.2.1.1973 at 8:30AM (Eastern/US) 5/29/12. Immediately after we started seeing data collected for all of the fields in this monitor.

I just wanted to verify that this was an expected result of upgrading to v12.

Thanks! Ted

exchange monitoring results topology

Created on Jun 6, 2012 12:30:57 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Ted,

okay, compared to the '0' from PRTG 9, the values now are obviously unusually high compared to that. You could try adding the sensor anew again.

best regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2012 3:39:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, I'll give that a try. Was it expected (or a known issue) that PRTG 9 wouldn't return any values for these channels?

Created on Jun 6, 2012 3:44:48 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid I can't say to be honest.

Created on Jun 6, 2012 4:40:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.