What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device OFF, but it's ok.

Votes:

I want to monitor the status of video conference systems using a simple ping, or http. Device on is ok, but device off should not be an error.

We use MAPS to visual our environment. (Alarm & Down Sensors for ROOT).

It is against the sense of PRTG that "DOWN" is "OK", but in this case those devices should not be shown in Maps Data Tables.

To cover this issue I found:

Create another ROOT group

https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/2403-how-to-monitor-without-alarms#reply-6053

but

https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/18893-is-it-possible-to-have-more-than-one-root-group#reply-55183

say I cannot create another ROOT group.

How can I get rid off some special devices shown in the Maps Data Tables?

data-tables maps offline prtg

Created on May 31, 2012 7:37:25 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

if you look at the file <PRTG install Folder>\website\mapobjects\tableA0.htm there is a filter in line 24 (filter_status="13").

Best practice would be to copy this file and remove the filter_status="13". Important is to edit the first line of the file (<!--Data Tables: Alarms-->). Data Tables defines the category in which this mapobject will be shown. Alarms is the name of the mapobject and should be renamed.

Regards, Daniel

Created on Jun 13, 2012 11:17:40 AM by  Daniel Elsner [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I would use ping sensors on those particular machines, with the "Auto-Acknowledgement"-Option enabled on those Ping sensors, and then use an edited map object (alarms table) which does not show acknowledged alarms.

best regards.

Created on May 31, 2012 2:41:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, how can I edit this map object (Data Tables: Alarms (Device Tree: Root)), not to show acknowledged alarms?

Created on Jun 4, 2012 9:50:14 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

if you look at the file <PRTG install Folder>\website\mapobjects\tableA0.htm there is a filter in line 24 (filter_status="13").

Best practice would be to copy this file and remove the filter_status="13". Important is to edit the first line of the file (<!--Data Tables: Alarms-->). Data Tables defines the category in which this mapobject will be shown. Alarms is the name of the mapobject and should be renamed.

Regards, Daniel

Created on Jun 13, 2012 11:17:40 AM by  Daniel Elsner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.