What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to trigger state from exe oder batch?

Votes:

I have searched many topics, but there was no answer for me.

I have a UPS-client on our server running (from Eaton Pulsar 700 / no snmp). This client can execute a bat- or exe-file in case of an error.

How can i do so that this exe or bat-file triggers an sensor to red?

thanks !!

sensor state trigger

Created on May 30, 2012 8:58:37 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

maybe you can have this exe-/bat-file from the UPS-Client modify a simple txt-file which is checked by PRTGs File Content Sensor and write 'Error' into it.

best regards.

Created on May 31, 2012 12:36:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. The Problem is, that this tooks time. Is there a possibility to call something (like API?) to set the state of an sensor to red? Thanks!

Created on May 31, 2012 1:43:59 PM

Votes:

You could use an API-Call to set a sensor into a simulated error-state. But that would be the only way to change the state of sensor (apart from pausing) using the API. Please see the details under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Object Manipulation" in your very own PRTG.

Created on May 31, 2012 4:37:18 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.