What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I extract an XML file from the netflow tab "toplists"

Votes:

I want to extract the netflow data, specifically the top lists, in an xml file.

Currently I use this link but that doesn't get me the right data:

https://***.**.**.***/api/table.xml?content=values&output=xml&columns=datetime,value_,coverage&count=100&start=1&id=3764&username=******&passhash=******

Simply adding "&tab=6" doesn't seem to work (I get the data from the default tab)

api jflow netflow sflow top-talkers toplist xml

Created on May 30, 2012 9:09:00 AM

Last change on May 30, 2012 3:43:59 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Bernard,

you can retrieve data from Toplists via the PRTG API with URLs such as the following:

http://*.*.*.*/api/table.xml?content=topdata&columns=position%2Cvalue_%2Cobjid%2Cbaselink&sortby=-value_2V&subid=2&topnumber=2&id=2002

However, you will have to know the ID of the Toplist as well as the topnumber (this is the identification of the individual Toplist you want to query). You can look up both in the web interface where the Toplists are displayed.

While the "ID" remains the same for the same Toplist, the "topnumber" is increased with every Toplist that is created (in default configuration, every 15 minutes).

Created on May 30, 2012 3:43:40 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I have a followup question.

In the XML file all of the value's have 2 names, raw value and value. I'd like to attach names to the value's so that I can use it for a script, is this possible?

Created on Jun 6, 2012 9:38:00 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.