What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

With PNG API can I control line and fill color of sensors?

Votes:

The only color related variable I'm aware of when generating my own graphs is bgcolor. Are there other variables that allow changes in line and fill color and line width?

I tried creating my own graphingstyle.htm file and referencing it in the URL but that didn't work at all.

api png styling

Created on May 24, 2012 2:22:34 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Sorry, that's not possible.

Created on May 24, 2012 1:35:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I see. So... when will it be possible?

Created on May 24, 2012 3:35:34 PM

Votes:

To be honest, it's not planned. Sorry.

Created on May 24, 2012 3:58:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How do I propose this feature for review to be included in a future release?

Created on May 24, 2012 4:00:00 PM

Votes:

This can be the request here, but seeing as the chart-function/library in PRTG is a very complex and complicated part, and that so far your being the first and only one to request it, the request itself will not have a high priority (this does not mean, it may not be useful to you, or that we do consider it that way, only that we have to decide for things to implement in between request-ratio vs. complexity to be implemented vs. benefit for how many customers?).

Created on May 24, 2012 4:58:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I completely understand. Hopefully a developer will get bored at night and implement this. :)

Let me also add my motivation for requesting this feature. There is no good dashboarding feature in PRTG at the moment so it's very difficult to get a customized "at-a-glance" view of my infrastructure.

My ideal situation would be to have a real dashboarding system implemented.

Thanks!

Created on May 24, 2012 5:02:24 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.