What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to change titles in live graphs?

Votes:

I'd like to change the default titles in my live graphs, including reducing them to one line of text instead of two, or even eliminating them altogether. Can this be done?

graph live title

Created on May 14, 2012 5:22:52 PM

12 Replies

Votes:

Do you mean the live graphs in the normal PRTG user interface (/sensor.htm, they don't have titles anyway) or in maps (you would need to add/edit map objects) or when used through the API (the "graphtitle" URL parameter can be used to insert another title)?

Created on May 15, 2012 1:09:20 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

I mean the Live Graph objects in maps. When I add one of these graphs it comes with an automatic two-line title, something like:

Sensor: XXXXXXXX (Live Graph, 10 minutes) YYYYYY / Probe Device

I'd like to be able to eliminate this automatic title, or change it, but I know I can add my own title using the "HTML Before" property.

Created on May 16, 2012 5:04:01 PM

Votes:

I was referring to live graphs in maps. In my case, when I add a live graph object to a map, it comes with an automatic two-line title, such as:

Sensor: XXX (Live Graph, 10 minutes) YYY / Probe Device

This takes up quite a bit of vertical space and I'd like to eliminate it or add my own (although I can also add my own title using the HTML Before property).

Thanks!

Created on May 23, 2012 8:37:30 PM

Votes:

hallo,

the title comes from the sensor name. if you change the sensor name, you will see that it changes on the Map as well.

Created on May 24, 2012 4:48:06 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The "Sensor Name" is only part of it. The automatic title also includes "(Live Graph, xx minutes)" and on a separate line "ServerName / Probe Device".

That all takes up too much space (two lines) and doesn't say what I want. Can I suppress or change the entire automatic title? (If not, this is a feature that you should support.)

Created on May 24, 2012 6:26:04 PM

Votes:

Hello,

using PRTG Maps you can add graphs without any text or scaling. You find these objects in the Graphs section of the Maps editor.

Created on May 25, 2012 8:06:32 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I found the "Live Graph (No Labels)" but that still doesn't do what I want. I really want something in-between. I just want to customize the titles and leave the scales.

Is it not possible to customize the graphs. It seems to me that would be a very useful feature.

Thanks again!

Created on May 31, 2012 8:31:46 PM

Votes:

Created on Jun 1, 2012 1:11:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Like the previous guy, I have the same issue and I could not find a solution. I would like to delete the two lines above the graph "(Sensor (001) * ... " and "Allgemeine Komponenten / ..." I am able do delete the legend under the graph, but not the sensor informations.

See picture: Graph with two lines

Created on Nov 23, 2016 12:32:15 PM

Votes:

Sorry, the graph titles cannot be customised.

Created on Nov 23, 2016 1:46:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Feature request, allow customization of graphs such as title, time alignment etc.

Created on Nov 29, 2016 5:47:18 PM

Votes:

I have used the Live Graph (No Labels) object, AND then used the HTML Before section for that object to add a title with html code similar to this:

<b><font size="4">Internet Bandwidth</font></b>

Hope this helps.

John

Created on May 2, 2017 1:42:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.