What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Are there plans to support AES encryption for SNMPv3?

Votes:

I have a client who works in a highly regulated environment which requires AES encryption on all SNMP communications. They are getting fed up with What's Up Gold and Orion and would like move to PRTG. Unfortunately it appears that PRTG doesn't (yet) support AES for SNMPv3. Are there any plans to add AES support for SNMPv3 and if so is there a timeline for its release? If I can give them even a "sort of" date it would help turn them into another PRTG client.

thanks.

aes encryption snmpv3

Created on May 3, 2012 6:24:35 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Dear Jim,

it's on the wish-list but not set for a certain version, so I can't name an ETA. It will definitely not be within 2012. Sorry.

Best regards.

Created on May 3, 2012 6:37:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I too would like to see AES added as a privacy protocol to choose from for SNMPv3.

Created on May 29, 2012 12:16:52 PM

Votes:

your vote is counted!

Created on May 29, 2012 1:05:25 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, good idea. We need it also!

Created on Sep 18, 2012 11:08:23 AM

Votes:

Hi,
this topic is still on the agenda, but no ETA can be given yet. Sorry.

Created on Sep 18, 2012 11:14:20 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Our trial of PRTG came to an abrupt halt when we discovered v3/AES was not possible. Please let us know when this has been added so we can give this a serious look. Thanks

Created on Nov 14, 2012 11:51:48 PM

Votes:

We would also need the support of AES as we are planning to monitor a Sophos UTM with PRTG!

Created on May 14, 2013 2:07:30 PM

Votes:

AES is already available in the latest releases of PRTG.

Created on May 14, 2013 2:15:45 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.