What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to searching logs

Votes:

i don't see any way of searching syslog. my syslog shows up in the main log tab of the main folder, but unable to do any sort of searching and the filters are limited. is it possible? or is this a feature to be added in the future? if so, is it on the next release? just need to know if i should wait for it or find a new product.

also it would be nice to create a custom report that could filter logs by specific keywords but i don't see a way to do it.

for example, i want to get detailed log of all network activity from a specific IP from netflow. or is this something i should use a sniffer for?

netflow prtg search syslog

Created on Apr 25, 2012 8:25:42 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry this is not possible. But we've put it on the wishlist.

best regards.

Created on Apr 26, 2012 2:05:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.