What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to export the system Log file

Votes:

How can I export the system Log file created by the system to a CSV or Text file ?

csvexport log syslog

Created on Apr 24, 2012 11:11:20 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

are you referring to the "Logs"-Page in the PRTG main menu or the "Logs (System)"-Folder in PRTGs data directory?

best regards

Created on Apr 24, 2012 2:20:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm referring to the Log Tab in the sensors page or the LOG tab for the overall PRTG.

Created on Apr 25, 2012 9:14:02 AM

Votes:

Then maybe the PRTG API will help, you can access the 'recent messages' of an objects Log in PRTG using the PRTG API, please see "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Live Data" and select "messages: list of most recent log entries" under "Table content" in the XML Query builder.

Created on Apr 25, 2012 12:40:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thansk for answer, It helped me, but how can I filter this messages by date?

Created on Jun 14, 2018 7:47:40 PM

Votes:

dannriag, thank you for the KB-Post. I'm afraid filtering by date needs to be done in a separate step with another tool. The PRTG API can't do this.

Created on Jun 15, 2018 10:17:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Not sure if this is new for a later version, but I'm filtering on deleted items (filter_status) between 2 date ranges (filter_dstart, filter_dend)

/api/table.xml?content=messages&start=0&filter_dstart=2018-11-15&filter_dend=2018-11-16&columns=objid,datetime,type,name,status,message&filter_status=506

This seems to be returning the right time/date range.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but might be useful for someone else in the future

Created on Nov 16, 2018 11:44:42 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.