What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Microsoft sql connection issue

Votes:

I have created Microsoft SQL sensor but i am getting error as "Domain is not specified in the Windows credential". Please let me know what could be the issue

connection monitor sql

Created on Mar 22, 2012 8:48:23 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
please open the settings of the sensors parent device. There please check if you provided the correct Windows credentials. If not, remove the tick from "Inherit credentials for Windows Systems" and provide the same there.
You may also switch to explicit credentials from the SQL Server in the sensor settings instead of using Windows authentication.
Best regards

Created on Mar 23, 2012 8:01:53 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i specified Windows credentials under(prtgadmin) & Local probe & probedevice but i get timeout error

Created on Mar 23, 2012 6:40:33 PM

Votes:

Hi,
have you specified the correct server instance in the sensor settings?
Best regards

Created on Mar 26, 2012 8:56:49 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have given the instance by running a Query in the DB as select @@servername which gave me the instance and i have provided the same in the Instance field and the database name in the database field. I have selected Windows authentication.

Created on Mar 26, 2012 9:40:26 PM

Votes:

Hi,
can you please send screenshots of your sensor settings to [email protected] as this might require further information. Best regards

Created on Mar 27, 2012 8:47:39 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.