What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

FTP connection refused socket error #10061

Votes:

I have created a FTP sensor and i am getting error "Connection refused socket error #10061" settings provided are as below,

1) PORT:21 2) Use active mode(tried passive mode also) 3) provided proper credentials 4) Dont use SSL(tried switching to SSL also)

Please support me for possible solution

connection ftp ftp-files

Created on Mar 22, 2012 8:36:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
are you able to connect to the FTP server with a normal FTP Client?
Best regards

Created on Mar 23, 2012 9:26:48 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes i was able to connect FTP server using normal FTP client. Steps i followed are below,

Step1: Open explorer Step2: typed ftp://IP/ Step3: which prompted for Username and password and provided the same and login was successfull and i was able to view the files in the FTP

Created on Mar 23, 2012 6:45:02 PM

Votes:

Hi,
can you please try accessing the FTP Server with Filezilla which provides a detailed connection log, from which we might see why the connection is not working. (Please run it on the machine where PRTG is installed)
Another question is, do you have limited the access to the FTP Server on a IP base? Best regards

Created on Mar 26, 2012 9:41:13 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 23, 2013 11:47:34 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.