What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Enterprise console shows 'Not connected (Connection refused)' error

Votes:

We applied the latest Microsoft patches for our Windows Server 2003 system and rebooted, and when the system came up, this error message is front and center. We cannot connect to the Web GUI either. We are currently running ver 9.1.6.1963. The Windows Event Viewer shows no indication of any problems and both PRTG services show to be running.

connection prtg windows-2003

Created on Mar 19, 2012 3:18:46 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
have you checked if a firewall is blocking the access? Have you checked if PRTG is running on another port? If PRTG recognizes port 80 is already in use it changes automatically to port 8080.
Best regards

Created on Mar 20, 2012 9:12:09 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am having the same problem today. Using ver 9.2.1.2280 on 2003 R2 x86 and firewall isn't on. PRTG services are running.

I can login to https://127.0.0.1/ not the machine IP.

Where do I need to look to use machine IP?

Created on May 20, 2012 7:53:12 PM

Votes:

Hi,
you may check the IPs PRTG is bound to. You can do this by using the PRTG Server Administrator (tab "Web Server") . There you should see which IPs are used by PRTG and which ports are used.
Best regards

Created on May 21, 2012 6:18:02 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 21, 2012 6:18:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but I think there may be a bug in the current version of PRTG. I've been using the trial version no problem up until the trial expired - then suddenly it reverted to binding to 127.0.0.1 instead of the IP which it was set to do beforehand.

After I set it back; no worries.

Created on May 6, 2014 2:26:10 AM

Votes:

Hi,
did this happen after an update of PRTG?
Best regards

Created on May 6, 2014 12:00:26 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I'm having the same problem and i don't have firewall and PRTG is runnig on port 80 and i didn't upgrade it. please help me

Created on Jun 18, 2014 3:02:31 PM

Votes:

Hi naff,

Can you still login to the web interface? Then please see this article and compare your settings as described there. Also, check that there is no other program blocking the connection (e.g., anti virus or other interfering Windows programs) and that the port is not already in use.

Created on Jun 20, 2014 12:42:28 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Thanks for the advice,i fix it and i know the cause of my problem, i have installed windows 7 updates and since then it does not work, so i uninstall PRTG and reinstall it and it works now.

Thanks

Created on Jun 20, 2014 2:26:18 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.