What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

There are about 200 access points located in 9 different cities.

Votes:

Hello,

There are about 200 access points located in 9 different cities. These Access Points, I want to use this program to manage and monütüre, is this possible?

access management snmp

Created on Jan 5, 2012 1:07:38 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

As said, this hints on a problem with the SNMP Connectivity, but we can't say why. It might be wrong settings, or something blocking the packets. Or that the sending host is not allowed to send SNMP Requests.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 3:35:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 5, 2012 3:36:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

This depends whether the physical device supports monitoring protocols that PRTG supports. Most common are SNMP, Netflow or WMI. PRTG is also able to monitor various types of servers (Webserver, FTP, DNS, SQL etc), but for actual hardware it would be necessary for the device to support one of the three mentioned "protocols" to be monitored by PRTG. You can test all three ways with one of our freeware networking tools (https://www.paessler.com/tools): SNMP Tester, WMI Tester and the Netflow Tester.
Please be aware that PRTG is only a monitoring not a managing tool.

best regards.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 1:45:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello again, Senao ECB 3220 using an Access Point. Supports the SNMP protocol. When I add a new network, SNMP settings, but the error report is doing. SNMPTester still get the same error when I test with the program. If I absolutely sure that would solve my problem if you are even more uğraşacağım. Too many programs I've tried and I do not want to waste time. I want to see something, Access Points, working, working ... That's it. best regards.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 2:53:52 PM

Votes:

Well, which exact error do you get? If you can even 'scan' the target device with the SNMP Tester for Uptime for example, then there is very likely an issue with the SNMP Communication.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 3:11:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your attention.

When I took the test error is as follows:

----------------------- New Test -----------------------
Paessler SNMP Tester 3.2
Device: pw.bestoil.com.tr

05.01.2012 17:15:34 (14 ms) : Start using SNMP V2c
05.01.2012 17:15:44 (10031 ms) : -------
05.01.2012 17:15:44 (10033 ms) : Value: No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)
05.01.2012 17:15:44 (10035 ms) : Done
----------------------

I check the error report is being said. I was wondering what the SNMP Problem problems in daily life, 200 Access Point Can monütüre separately?

If so I'd appreciate a referral to the problem of SNMP.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 3:21:02 PM

Last change on Jan 5, 2012 3:34:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

As said, this hints on a problem with the SNMP Connectivity, but we can't say why. It might be wrong settings, or something blocking the packets. Or that the sending host is not allowed to send SNMP Requests.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 3:35:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 5, 2012 3:36:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Some locations have a firewall and the router does not in others. Firewall and router, and the locations which do not need to redirect ports.

Created on Jan 5, 2012 6:43:29 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.