What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I monitor WAN traffic.

Votes:

I have a trendnet wireless router with desktops, laptops and portable devices connecting through WAN. How can I monitor how much traffic is being used by each device. I am completely new to most networking so please be specific.

Thank you

router traffic-monitoring wan

Created on Apr 1, 2011 11:43:13 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

There is no simple answer to this question. The approach depends completely on the setup and topology of your network as well as the software and hardware used. Please have a look at the following article: https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/2923-how-do-i-discern-excessive-bandwidth-usage-with-prtg

Best Regards.

Created on Apr 4, 2011 11:58:54 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.