What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI sensors stops working

Votes:

I have a disk space sensor that randomly fails. Everything is fine than it can't read the disk space so it fails. The other wmi sensors are working fine. Here is what I have in the log: 3/2/2011 12:36:05 PM Disk Free 22 Down 0 % (Free Space C:) is below the error limit of 10 % 3/1/2011 1:40:08 PM Disk Free 22 Warning 800706BE: The remote procedure call failed 3/1/2011 1:36:07 PM Disk Free 22 Down 0 % (Free Space C:) is below the error limit of 10 % 2/27/2011 6:46:10 PM Disk Free 22 Warning 24 % (Free Space C:) is below the warning limit of 25 %

Anyone have any ideas? It stops and starts all day, is there a way to change the sensor to just go to Unusual if it can't read the disk space?

diskspace intermitten wmi

Created on Mar 2, 2011 10:50:45 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm very sorry, but "800706BE: The remote procedure call failed" is a low-level error that PRTG gets from the DCOM on the target machine. We do not know why then, we only get this error-message. And if a scan fails, a sensor in PRTG will always go into warning and then error state if the next scan also fails. Because, then in terms of facts the sensor is not able to work, and this is actually a faulty state.

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 3, 2011 3:01:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.