What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Gaps in charts?

Votes:

On a fairly regular basis, some of the charts PRTG renders have blank vertical gaps in them, even though there are no missed data collections, is this a known issue?

Eg, if I'm looking at a chart in one view (eg live data), or in a map that includes the chart, there will be some blank areas where no data is shown.

However, if I look at the table data, there is available data with valid values in those time slots. In addition, if I choose another view (eg, look at chart in a separate window, etc) then often (not always) the gaps are filled in.

Just wondering if anyone knows why that is. I can supply screen shots if needed.

Tim

charts gaps pie

Created on Feb 22, 2011 5:31:50 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Tim,

can you please send us some screenshots showing the issue to [email protected] along with a note to this KB-thread.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 22, 2011 2:39:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Never mind - I figured it out. While none of the retrieved stats were empty, some polling intervals were missed (scanning interval too low). Bumping the interval up slightly seems to have fixed it up.

Thanks, Tim

Created on Feb 22, 2011 8:24:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.