What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I define different scan intervalls during night?

Votes:

During night, it is normally not necessary, to scan all sensors each minute. I also got error messages, during backup activities "to much 32-bit-overflow...reduce sampling interval"

is it possible to change that interval during night hours and how? thanks

prtg response-time-index scan-interval

Created on Feb 26, 2010 2:44:58 PM

Last change on Mar 3, 2010 10:08:46 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Rene,

I'm very much afraid there is no option for this. You could, of course consider to pause the sensors at night completely using Schedules. Though this might not be exactly what you are looking for. Another option might be (if it concerns a few important sensors) to create the sensors twice with different scanning intervals, and pause one part during the day, and the other half during the night.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 26, 2010 5:43:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.