What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable Help Hint box in top right of interface

Votes:

How can I disable the help hint box that is present in the top right of nearly every page? Thanks for your help.

Michael

disable help prtg

Created on Nov 9, 2010 1:29:59 AM

Best Answer

5 Replies

Votes:

Just use the x close symbol to close this box. It will then be closed on every page, until re-opened.

Created on Nov 9, 2010 9:23:14 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

The X does not appear to users without admin credentials...I need to simply disable this item...is there any way?

Even when I elevate the user to admin credentials specifically to remove this, the X is not there. Also, even with my master admin account, after closing this help box it still appears on the welcome screen and the sensor creation page.

Created on Dec 13, 2010 7:01:15 PM

Votes:

The Help can not completely be removed, it can only be made a small ?.

Created on Dec 15, 2010 2:35:48 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The help box would not show the 'X' to get rid of it for users that did not have admin credentials. Additionally, it would reappear frequently after closing it on all sub-pages. Updating to the latest build of 8 resolved this issue for me.

Created on Jan 3, 2011 8:08:23 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.