What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I test web stress tool with pages use ajax updatepanel?

Votes:

Hello Paessler team,

I downloaded your trial webstress test tool 7 and testing its features. We have got an intranet asp.net web application which is using ajax updatepanels in some cases to refresh the page content. However I recorded the communication post datas and urls it seems to me there is something wrong. Is it possible to test applications like mine with your web stress tool?

Thanks, Istvan

ajax partialrendering updatepanel

Created on Nov 8, 2010 2:37:20 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Although Webstress contains a URL recorder that does record most AJAX calls it is not designed to load test AJAX websites automatically.

In order to test your wen application you must create a URL script (or a set of URLs) that mimics the browser behaviour to the server as accurately as possible. This must be done manually.

Created on Nov 8, 2010 3:00:07 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Thank you for your answer. I'll examine what can url scripts help to me.

Created on Nov 9, 2010 3:43:20 PM

Votes:

I changed the program behaviour and now the software can be recorded the urls. In the logs I saw that there are a lot of image request which are bad. When I copy paste the link into a browser near the bad request error message i see that it is valid.

Log:

#2: IMAGE-Request 5: Time=9 ms, TFB=8 ms, Bytes=1 346, HTTP-StatusCode=400 (Bad Request) URL #1=http://localhost:1947/login/../Images/Login/login_main_pict.png Bad Request

Thank you for your information in advance.

Istvan

Created on Nov 15, 2010 2:27:58 PM

Last change on Nov 16, 2010 9:46:36 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.